Job Title: Production Operative / Machine Operative
Location: Stonehouse, easily commutable from Stroud, Nailsworth, Dursley, Quedgeley
Hours: 40 hours per week, Mo - Fri 7am-4pm
Duration: Temporary to Permanent for the right candidate
Working with the Manufacturing Team Leader and Production Supervisor you will be responsible for the production and machining operations at the Stonehouse Depot. You will operate all machinery at the depot including the Beam and Wall Saw, CNC and Edge Bander cutting panel products to order specification in line with customer requirements.
You will assist in the picking of orders and Panel products ensuring accuracy, waste minimisation and packaging in accordance with Company policy to minimise damage during handling and transportation. As instructed you will select orders from the order process system, collating them by product and or customer to maximise picking efficiency ensuring business targets and client expectations are met.
All activities must be carried out within health and safety, environmental and quality requirements. You will assist in implementing and developing the order processing to ensure the site runs as efficiently and effectively as possible.
• Operate production machinery for the site (Beam and Wall Saw, CNC and Edge bander) to order specification in line with customer requirements,
• Carry out order picking of all products,
• Ensure orders are produced and picked correctly, to the required quality and quantity,
• You will ensure products are handled appropriately to minimise damage,
• Ensure orders are packaged correctly and tagged with appropriate despatch labels before moving them to appropriate despatch rack location,
• Maintain good level of housekeeping of site arranging for the removal of waste in an economic manner,
• Work to Company Health and Safety standards and contribute to the continual development and implementation of policy.
• Proven knowledge of Sheet / Wood products,
• Ability to communicate at different levels,
• Ability to cut accurately using the site production machinery (Full training provided),
• Mobile plant licence holder,
• Self motivated and capable of working with minimum supervision,
• Good communication skills,
• Demonstrates a good level of numeracy,
• Knowledge of health & safety regulations,
• Willingness to learn new skills,
• Attention to detail.
If you are interested and believe you have the right skills to be a success in this role please contact us as a matter of urgency. If this role is not quite right for you but you are actively looking for a new position please feel free to still make contact with us. We are a local agency based in the heart of Gloucestershire working with many of the local employers in the Nailsworth, Stroud, Cirencester, Tetbury, Stonehouse, Dursley area.
Travail Employment Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.