Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £9-£12 per hour (DOE)
Location: Sayers Common
Duration: Temporary (2 months)
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Travail Employment Group are delighted to be working exclusively with our wonderful client based on the outskirts of Hassocks in their search for a temporary Accounts Assistant on a 2 month extended Maternity Cover Contract. This full time role is to start as soon as possible and will continue until the end of February.
We're on the lookout for an individual with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach to their work. It is vital that you have excellent attention to detail and are meticulous in your processes. The purpose of the role is to support the finance team in both a Purchase & Sales Ledger capacity. Key responsibilities will include:
* Posting bacs, card & cheque payments to sales ledger daily
* Invoice reports
* Balance Sales Ledger control accounts daily
* Recording of information in Sage 200 & Excel
* Monthly invoice reconciliation
* Cover opening new accounts. Also cover weekly wages, holiday chart/sickness updates and other holiday cover as required
* Post stock and non-stock invoices to Purchase Ledger
* Liaise with suppliers to ensure current statements are accurately maintained on Purchase Ledger system
* Daily filing and date stamping of invoices, statements and other paperwork
* Open post
* Updating cash flow on a daily basis
* Manage basic accounts for a new company that we have just opened. This will include Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Cash Book duties. (Very small venture now but will expand through the year)
Due to the location of this position, it is vital that you have your own transport.
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Business. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.
Branch Locator:Please select a branch then click the "GO" button on the right.