Machine Operator / Sawyer
Accountability: Supervisors and Production Managers
Company: AJN is a family owned company and is a leading steel stockholder operator across East Anglia, The Midlands and further afield.
Brief Description: Processing customer orders to specifications using a selection of manual and CNC machinery.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Operate a selection of manual and CNC machinery for metal processing.
• Process steel to customers’ requirements and tolerances. Work within the company’s quality system to ensure the full traceability of customer orders.
• Be competent at reading drawings, orders and following verbal instructions.
• Able to work to high standards under your own initiative and pressure.
• Operate forklifts and combilifts safely and in a controlled manner.
• Ensure daily checks are performed on your equipment, crane and forklift/combilift, these are to be carried out before you start your shift
• Working as part of our team of operators, processing steel to order, as and when orders are generated.
• Collating aforementioned orders, and preparing them for loading.
• Ensure you and your colleagues adhere to all current Health & Safety Legislation and Company Policy.
• Report any accidents and incidents to the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager.
• Report any machine faults / breakdowns to the production Supervisor or Maintenance Manager
• Attend training courses when requested.
Skils and Experience:
- Excellent Team work skills
- Ability to read labels, numbers and drawings
- Ability to operate in a high speed and fast paced environment
- Ability to add, subtract and multiply
- Certification in operating forklifts is desirable, training will be available
- Experience in the use of CNC machinery and engineering environments would be desirable but not essential.
Hours of Work:
Day Shift : 6am - 3.00pm
Late Shift : 2.00pm - 11.00pm
20 days per annum, excluding bank holidays, pro rata. 5 days must be retained for Christmas.
Branch Locator:Please select a branch then click the "GO" button on the right.