Purpose of Job:
To provide an introduction to outdoor pursuits to all visitors in a safe environment. To assist in the development of social and interactive skills in conjunction with the National Curriculum Key stages 2 & 3.
Days of Work:
6 days per week between 08.45 and 20.30 with 2 meal breaks and rest breaks at times specified by your line manager.
As an Activity Instructor, you will be required to work as the Duty Instructor on one day every week according to a rota prepared by your line manager. You may however be required to work as the Duty Instructor on more than one day per week in order for the smooth running of the Employer’s business. As the Duty Instructor, your duties will include, in addition to those set out in this job description, the duties which are specifically contained in the Employer’s Standard operating procedures.
When acting as the Duty Instructor you will be required to work a 24hour shift inclusive of sleeping time when not undertaking on-call duties
• To represent The Manor with professionalism, maturity and integrity at all times.
• To present yourself at work, wearing the uniform provided, in a clean, tidy and respectable state at all times.
• Ensure that you are at the correct location and setup for the activity to start on time.
• Ensure that tasks are administered and carried out in accordance with management instructions.
• Assist in the daily running of the centre, keeping the Chief Instructor (CI) informed of any operational issues that develop.
• Carry out activities complying with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Report any problems concerning instructor discipline or failure to abide by SOPs to the CI.
• Ensure that staff accommodation and other staff areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
• Attend 08.45hrs Instructors morning meeting, ensuring that you are made aware of any necessary operational details for the day ahead.
• Carry out the 08.50hrs accommodation check, if agreed with the school / group. Personally check that respective accommodation is of an acceptable level of cleanliness.
• Carry out any other necessary duties, in addition to those specified.
Arrivals and Departures
• Assist with supervision of all Arrivals / Departures of guests, (each instructor is allocated to a specific school).
• Escorting clients to their correct accommodation on arrival.
• Carrying out introductory tour for the room(s) / group.
• Liaise with visiting clients, when necessary, and report problems / needs to the CI.
• Carry out effective cleaning of the buildings on changeover days.
Training and Personnel
Carry out training and staff training ensuring that you have a full awareness of the SOP’s.
Ensure any relevant documentation of your training is
recorded / noted.
Attend regular reviews with your nominated SI and bring relevant issues to their attention.
Health and Safety
Ensure that the company’s Health and Safety Policy is adhered to at all times by all personnel.
Assist with the arrivals fire practice, as directed by the SI.
Carry out weekly safety checks correctly, and that all the relevant paperwork is recorded and handed in signed. Any action points are to be brought to the attention of the SI.
Ensure that the Near Miss and DSS Accident book is correctly filled out, as and when required.
Report any deficiencies in the First Aid (FA) stock or FA kits to the Duty Manager / Centre Administrator.