Senior Safety Software Engineer
Manufacturing, Software, Developer, Engineering
Newtown (Relocation support available)
Competitive Salary & Package
• Carrying out a series of system and sub-system functional safety activities in support of the plans during all safety software lifecycle phases.
• To write and maintain functional requirement specifications by interpreting and analysing user requirements.
• To develop safety software designs and architectures that they and/or their colleagues will implement.
• Apply semi-formal design and verification techniques, static analysis and test coverage analysis using suitable tools.
• To lead and take part in design and code reviews.
• Unit testing, integration testing and system testing of the code being produced.
• Produce documentation as required to demonstrate compliance with SIL 3 requirements, for the purpose of certification of the products.
• Working with the lead electronics design engineer in preparation of failure rate and diagnostic coverage (safe-failure-fraction) predictions.
• Monitoring and auditing of the operation of configuration management and document management systems for safety-related items.
• Specifying, executing and recording safety validation tests
• 2:1 Degree in Computing, Science, Engineering or equivalent essential.
• Provable experience in real-time software development using C/C++ essential.
• Experience of using structured design methodologies such as UML, state transition diagrams, etc.
• Unit test, integration test and system test; capable of supervising 3rd party testing.
• Experience of static analysis and test coverage analysis is desirable.
• Experience in the industrial automation sector would be beneficial.
• A leading international manufacturer.
• Offering an excellent working environment.
• Options for personal development including CEng status.
• Room for career development.
• Competitive salary
• Relocation support available
• Bonus scheme
• Excellent benefits package
For further information or to apply, please contact Shaun Kenyon at Travail Shrewsbury, or Press Apply. If this particular position is not suitable Travail Employment Group offers candidates a first class recruitment service tailored to meet your individual requirements. With knowledge of the local market and offering a diversity of career opportunities please feel free to contact one of our consultants.
All candidates registering with Travail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.
Travail Employment Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.