EMC Test Engineer
Negotiable depending on experience
Reporting to the Department Manager, an EMC Test Engineer is required to work in a busy modern test laboratory, testing electrical / electronic equipment and systems and managing job progress through to completion of test reports.
Qualifications / Experience / Key Skills
Applicants should have experience working in a client focussed environment, with good, hands on, technical ability.
Must be a good communicator, both written and verbal with clients and staff at all levels.
The ideal candidate will be qualified to HNC or higher in a relevant discipline (electrical, electronic engineering or related subject preferred). Previous EMC test experience is an advantage, but not essential if able to demonstrate a good level of understanding of electronic principles. Initial and ongoing training will be provided to the successful candidate
You will need to demonstrate ability for the following:
• Good working knowledge of the fundamental electrical/electronic principles.
• Adhere to company procedures and practices.
• Test a variety of electrical and electronic equipment to various European and International specifications. Full training will be given where relevant.
• Produce test reports and compile test data in a methodical and systematic way.
• Liaise with internal and external customers and represent the company in technical meetings.
• The successful candidates will need to be dynamic, self-motivated and committed to working as an integral part of a successful and flexible team.
• Good communicator, both written and verbally with the ability to converse with clients at various levels.
• Computer literate with knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
• Organised with a high degree of attention to detail.
• Comfortable with travelling - Clean and current driving licence.
• Team player with a demonstrated personal commitment and drive and the ability to get the job done.
• HNC and/or 2 years experience
Whilst not immediately, this role will require some travel to client locations both in the UK and overseas and working from Elements other laboratory locations around the UK, a current and clean driving licence is required.
Other requests / instructions
i.e. other details not covered by the above headings, specific date in the future to run vacancy from.