Electromechanical build and test technician
3 month fixed term contract – open to renewal dependant on demand
Rate: £10.00/hrs to £13.00/hrs (37.5 hrs per week)
Are you an experienced panel wireman who has worked in the automotive, defence, aerospace or similar industries? Do you like the challenge of working on different types of products week on week? Due to growth, we are looking for additional help in our production and assembly department for a short term contract.
Enthusiastic, reliable and driven. This role will ideally suit somebody who is a few years into their career. You should have ideally come through an electrical apprenticeship route and be confident working in a fast paced environment.
We are a very busy, very passionate team who want to deliver product right first time and always on time. We are made up of enthusiastic engineers, managers that will push to develop you, technicians and personnel that are proficient buyers, electricians, storemen, fitters and generalists, in addition to occasional contractors.
You will be carrying out electrical wiring, control system outfitting, configuration and test of electrical panels for capital products according to engineering drawings (on 24v DC control panels with a limited AC component).
You should be comfortable working in fast paced environment with priorities that may change week on week.
You will be working with a supervisor with production manager to ensure production timescales tie up with build schedule.
Skills & Experience:
• Atleast 3 years experience within production and assembly in an electrical wiring role.
• Fine soldering skills and cable-harness building will be an advantage.
• Able to read electrical drawings and use 3D CAD for build purposes.
• Be flexible, strong, adaptable and ability to communicate at all levels.
• Be confident, self-motivated and enthusiastic in his/her approach.
• Be proactive and methodical whilst paying attention to detail.
• Have a willingness and capacity to learn.
• Work as part of a team as well as independently with minimal supervision.
• Be punctual and reliable