Role: Assistant Accountant
Travail are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant for our client based in Mansfield, they are the market leader for specialist furniture subcontracts in the Healthcare and Education sector. In return, they offer an excellent basic package of 22 days annual leave, plus statutory holidays, a contributory pension scheme and a competitive salary.
If successful, you will be joining a forward thinking Company with great prospects for your personal development and a commitment to rewarding those that help it achieve its success.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, main duties include assisting in the preparation of Monthly Management Accounts, Reconciling Control Accounts, VAT Returns, Fixed Assets and Cash Flow and also the responsibility for controlling the day to day processes within the Accounts Department, i.e. Sales and Purchase Ledger, ensuring all deadlines are met.
• Manage all aspects of month end processes
• Posting journals, raising Prepayments and Accruals
• Fixed Asset Register
• Produce Management Accounts
• Cash flow forecast and balance sheet reconciliations
• Prepare quarterly VAT Returns
• Awareness of all aspects of Purchase and Sales Ledger functions
Qualifications and Experience
• Previous experience at this level essential.
• Previous experience of subcontracts and applications would be beneficial.
• Experience of Microsoft packages – Excel, Access, Outlook and (NAV - advantage but full training would be given)
• Managing day to day Accounting processes
• Sage 50 Accounts
• Background in manufacturing would be beneficial
• Organisation and planning to ensure tight deadlines are met.
• Working efficiently and accurately to rigorous time schedules.
• Methodical with attention to detail.
• Ability to work and motivate as part of a dynamic team and independently.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
To submit your details to Alexandra click apply now or forward your CV to officejobsmansfield@Teg77.com. You must be able to attend an internal interview at the Travail Mansfield Office prior to the assignment.