Job title: Payroll Assistant
Salary: £8-£14 p/h DOE
Location: Burgess Hill
Hours: Flexible hours approx. 5-6 days per month
Benefits: 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata)
We are delighted to be working with a fabulous client based in Central Burgess Hill who are currently seeking for a Part time Payroll Assistant. The successful candidate should have good experience of Payroll, have experience of HMRC processes and is looking for flexible hours.
The desired rota for the Payroll Assistant would be to work 1 day a week for 3 weeks (with the flexibility to work shorter hours split over a couple of days), and then potentially 2 - 3 days during the fourth week of the month to aid with month end figures and the majority of Payroll.
The main duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Implementing organisational processes in relation to payroll e.g. setting up deadlines etc.
* Full PAYE payroll using Sage Payroll for up to 50 staff across 2 businesses (some remote workers, some contractors)
* Calculating & recording overtime, expenses and bonuses
* Keeping a record of staff absence
* BACs payments through Payline
* RTI, PAYE payments, Year End to HMRC
* Issuing staff documentation such as P60/P45/P11D
* Aiding the Finance team with the Workplace Pension Auto-enrollment (Staging date October 2017)
* Once staging date has passed - management of pensions processes (The People''s Pension)
* Any other administrative duties as required to support the accounts team
Key skills and experience required:
* Good working knowledge of Sage Payroll and Sage Accounts
* Experience of working in a similar accounts position is essential
* Excellent numeracy skills
* Attention to detail
* Organised, methodical and able to work well to deadlines
* Willing to work in other departments when required
* Knowledge and experience of Workplace Pension Auto-Enrollment would be advantageous
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.