Title: Accounts Assistant / Finance Administrator / Accounts Administrator
Location: Burgess Hill
Pay: £9-12ph DOE with the opportunity to earn extra income from commission based add-on sales
Hours: Very flexible but to cover on average 3 days a week initially
Benefits: Flexible working hours, friendly environment, possibility of working from home on occasion, possibility of working as Self Employed if preferred
Travail Employment Group are delighted to be working exclusively with our fantastic client, a small (but expanding) Accountancy practice in Burgess Hill, in their search for an Accounts Assistant / Finance Administrator / Accounts Administrator to join them. Due to excellent growth, this small friendly team are looking to expand and are offering a brilliant opportunity for a bright Accounts professional.
The ideal candidate will approach their work with a "hands-on", positive mind-set. It will suit somebody who is looking to work part-time for now, but with the likely view of increasing their hours and responsibilities in the long term (there is flexibility for the right person to occasionally work from home). There is genuine opportunity to develop this position into your dream job. The client are receptive to new ideas, approaches and methodology and would consider all options when discussing the long-term direction of the position. It''s a fantastic opportunity to really make your mark!
The main purpose of the position is to provide general support to the principal Accountant in a range of duties including:
* Using Excel and IRIS Accounting software:
* Accounts Preparation
* Accounts Analysis
* Preparation of Corporate and Personal Tax Returns
* General Administration - Post, Updating and maintaining client database
* Client liaison - Answering phones, responding to queries, building and maintaining relationships
* There is lots of flexibility to incorporate further responsibilities through proven service
* A good knowledge of PC operations and software is needed, particularly IRIS Accounting Software - Practice Management, Accounts Production and Corporation Tax, MS Excel and MS Word
* Ideally have obtained, or be working towards AAT/ACCA/CIMA qualifications, although not essential
* Experience with HMRC Accounting Software
* Strong understanding of the Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, P&L and double entry bookkeeping
* Solid understanding of VAT and accounting principles
* Knowledge of Payroll would be useful
* Hardworking, organised, dedicated, and a solution driven individual - open minded and willing to develop the role as well as being a self-starter and a "hands-on" individual
* Excellent attention to detail and ability to work quickly and accurately
* Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
* A good sense of humour!
* A happy, friendly and encouraging working environment
* Opportunities for flexible working
* Opportunity for training and qualifications
* Opportunity to really develop the role into your dream job!
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.