Job title: Quality Assurance Technician
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 DOE
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5.00pm
Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, company performance bonus scheme offering 10% of your basic annual salary (paid yearly), birthday holiday, pension scheme, private medical insurance with the option to add your family, 5 year work anniversary incentive, milestone gifts in the form of vouchers up to £250 and a generous sick pay package.
We are on the lookout for an experienced Quality Assurance Technician to join a newly established local company with a clear vision for excellence. Initially the aim of this role will be to establish standard working procedures and set quality standards for the business, and once implemented, consistently maintain the safe and ethical practices to ensure product compliance.
This is a fantastic and exciting new role within an innovative and creative new business offering an extensive benefits package in a beautiful setting.
The main duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Create and continuously develop business quality standards to ensure consistency, including testing methods, product assessments and generic specifications
* Lead the integration of Quality Assurance to the design and buying teams, educating all those concerned during the process
* Identify opportunities and implement projects to increase supply chain transparency across process and products
* Work with the design team, buying team and all suppliers to ensure high quality ranges across all brands from design specifications and sampling, through to production.
* Work with the IT team to identify and implement appropriate technology to aid consistency and reduce administration time and costs
* Build supplier relationships using their strengths to add value, integrity and beauty to the ranges
* Work with the design and buying teams on creative product development research to identify new market trends and product/range ideas while providing legal and bulk manufacturing support
* Communicate with customers to resolve issues and attend company meetings to provide constructive feedback, suggestions and resolution strategies
* Keep the company up to date on Legislation and Regulations and where they do/will impact on product areas
* Influencing retail partners to change requirements through providing strategic analysis and evidence of significant performance improvement
* Support wider initiatives of Responsible Sourcing when required
* Travelling to retailers and suppliers internationally will also be required
* Conduct Risk Assessments of new ranges, profiles and materials.
* Work closely with the buying team to achieve a streamlined process, establishing a quick route to sale
* Supporting design development with construction detail to achieve correct first time sampling
* Providing knowledge in relation to legal adherence and safety requirements to the wider business
Key skills and experience required:
* An expert in your field of Quality Assurance
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a great team player
* A sound understanding of Quality Assurance requirements regarding jewellery and accessories
* Exceptional organisation and time management
* Positive, adaptable and highly reliable
* Must have own transport due to rural location
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.