Job Title: Accountant/Bookkeeper
Salary: £30k - £40k
Location: Burgess Hill
Hours: Monday - Friday / 8.45am - 5.30pm
Benefits: 22 days holiday plus your birthday off, auto enrolment to pension scheme, parking available
We are delighted to be working alongside our client who is seeking a full time, permanent accountant/bookkeeper to join their busy team in Burgess Hill. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and strategically minded accounts professional looking to progress their career with a forward thinking and dynamic organisation. In addition to the day to day accountancy functions you will be responsible for cash flow forecasting, management of accountancy systems and be technically competent enough to grow the role going forward. You will be providing financial information to management by researching and analysing accountant data; preparing reports.
* Initially preparing invoices for the company''s external accountants
* Recommend financial actions by analysing accounting options.
* Summarise current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
* Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
* Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
* Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
* Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
* Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
* Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
* Comply with financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
* Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising account information and trends
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Contribute to company strategic and tactical initiatives
* Play a robust part in the Management of the business.
* Provide job costing and help commercial pricing strategies
Key Skills and Qualifications Required:
* Corporate Finance
* Reporting Skills
* Attention to Detail and Deadline-Oriented
* Data Entry Management and General Math Skills
* Experience within a similar role
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.