Advertising Sales Executive
Wrexham, Oswestry, Chester,
Salary £18,000 - £22,000 OTE of up to 30K
Hours 9am – 5pm
Our client is recruiting a tenacious Advertising Sales Executive to join their creative team to sell advertising space in one of their visually stunning magazines. This role will suit a candidate with a passion for sales and a background in newspaper or digital media.
Key responsibilities -:
• Contact potential clients, usually over the telephone as well as in a face to face environment to describe potential advertising opportunities.
• Contact existing clients to arrange the design and placement of advertisements, the payments for this and to ensure their continued support.
• Attend meetings to ensure clients are fully aware of all potential advertising opportunities and to cement your relationship with them for the long term.
• Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the market place you work in, including regular analysis of competitor activity and identifying opportunities for new product development and new revenue streams.
• Attend industry networking events, exhibitions, seminars and conferences to build awareness of your industry and meet potential and existing clients.
• Work closely with the editorial features team to ensure all leads are covered and relevant information exchanged to the benefit of both parties.
• Keep accurate records of sales, contacts and deals.
The ideal Advertising Sales Executive will have the following core competencies and attributes:
• A track record of experience in sales (essential)
• A background in newspaper or digital media ( not essential but would be an advantage)
• The ability to ask open questions, listen to the answers and use the information to build a case for the advertising space
• The ability to form relationships with clients and build up trust through delivering what the client wants.
• A target orientated disposition and the desire to sell and meet targets.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact confidently with a variety of people from a mixture of backgrounds.
• The ability to persuade and convince people of the merits of a product.
• The ability and confidence to negotiate with people and close them into making decisions.
• The ability to work under and handle pressure.
• Commercial awareness and networking ability.
• Drive, determination, persistence, resilience and tenacity.
• Strategic and creative planning.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• An excellent telephone manner.
• Self-motivated and a can do attitude.
• Diplomatic and thick skinned.
• Common Sense.
• Strong revenue awareness.
• Sociable and outgoing personality.
Our client is a well respected magazine publisher with a dedicated team of employees and freelance writers promoting the beautiful landscape of the UK. Their aim is to provide the best content which in turn provides the best readership which then gives advertisers the best return. Due to the success of their newsstand titles they are in a position to appoint an additional Media Sales Executive. This is an ideal opportunity for a confident sales orientated candidate to join a growing company and reap the financial benefits of successful selling
• Salary £18,000 - £22,000 per annum with OTE of up to 30K
• Hours 9am – 5pm (Monday to Friday)
• Working from home with occasional client visits
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Melinda@clockworkorg.com or call 01978 366123.
This vacancy is advertised by Travail Employment Group who is acting as an Employment Agency.
All candidates registering with Travail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.