Development Engineer (Automotive)
£28,000 - £35,000 + 23 days holiday + benefits
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen for a Development Engineer to work with a successful SME operating in the commercial and retail automotive sector. The Development Engineer will have responsibility for technical design, development and product launch of suspension components. This is therefore an ideal opportunity for a mechanically biased Design Engineer who enjoys the customer interface as well as being an integral part of the business’s commercially focussed team.
The role will involve the following tasks-:
• Design, plan, test, and coordination of multiple processes of product development used in automotive suspension design and application.
• The introduction of new products along with the management of an existing product range
• Reverse engineering product to identify problem areas of suspension systems and design alternatives.
• Project management of all product development activity between the manufacturing department and the customer.
• Ability to comprehend and transfer customer requirements to cost effective suspension solutions.
• Facilitate and manage multiple design projects to test and completion.
• Directly communicate and interface with customers for issues regarding the products including customers’ related concerns.
• Review and interface with customer for customer complaints and initiate and coordinate actions internally to improve design and/or quality.
• Conduct and/or support component fitment and customer testing necessary for related product.
• Support sales staff to develop and establish marketing/pricing strategy.
• Support customer vehicle development work – related to suspension.
• Support and facilitate necessary PPAP activity to meet customer requirements.
• Development and design of new product concepts
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes -:
• Possess a bachelor degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering (or similar discipline)
• Have a minimum of 2 years applicable experience in a related field
• Be proficient with SolidWorks (or similar) & Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Have experience tracking and reporting design changes.
• Have experience coordinating and facilitating several small projects or one major project.
• Experience interfacing with customers.
• Knowledge of suspension systems and components.
• A sound understanding of manufacturing techniques.
• Possess excellent analytical skills.
• Possess excellent communication skills
My client is an established and growing manufacturing business supplying into both the commercial and retail markets for the 4x4, bus, truck, military, classic and modern day car after sales market. They offer a Development Engineer the ideal opportunity to be very involved in the commercial and technical development of the business. Good team work combined with strong understanding of the technical requirements of the market place will ensure that the ideal candidate will be able to build their design, engineering and commercial experience.
£28,000 - £35,000 + 23 days holiday + benefits.
This vacancy is advertised by Travail Employment Group who are acting as an Employment Agency.
To apply for this position, please email a recent copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or for more information please call 01978 366123. To view other vacancies being advertised by Travail Employment Group, please take a look at our website www.travail.co.uk
All candidates registering with Travail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities