Packaging Process Manager
Oswestry, commutable from Wrexham
£30,000 - £35,000 (dependent on skills and ability)
Packaging Process Manager required to lead on all packaging related issues for a busy food manufacturing business. This role will suit either a graduate with experience in a packaging environment or a candidate who has worked in a similar role as a Packaging Process Manager.
• Technical lead / point of contact for business improvement processing processes.
• Packaging supplier management.
• Review packaging related project initiation documents
• Provide packaging related data to support business improvement processing and procurement.
• Working closely with the development, production and supply chain teams to launch products which work within the factory and are delivered to critical paths
• Organise and co-ordinate factory trial activities to ensure successful trial outcomes. This will involve working closely with R&D, Supply Chain and Production Stream to effectively plan, communicate and run trials
• Deal with process issues raised by all levels of the organisation and by customers
• Evaluate Packaging Specifications (Including Pack Design) to ensure that the required functionality is specified and compatible with site processes, equipment, and agreed product attributes.
• Liaise with all customers in relations to samples requests, product and quality issues
• Working cross functionally to develop and agree the packaging design specifications and verify as part of the packaging development process.
• Work with NPD/Project teams to develop packaging and processes for successful launches
• Investigating and communicating new technology developments that will support bringing packaging innovations to the market.
• Devising and managing packaging trials for internal customers.
• Managing and developing a positive approach to packaging and machinery suppliers to attain new ideas and possible value improvements.
• Checking and approving artwork and information to guarantee all packaging elements are in line with the company strategy and customer requirements.
• Technical lead for generated Strategic Material Team work-streams and ownership of multi-site projects relating to category.
• Ensure all Strategic Material Team work-streams are managed effectively via a direct report.
• Implement agreed projects using existing processes and procedures.
• Develop personal expertise ultimately to be the “go to person” for all technical packaging questions.
The successful Packaging Process Manager will have the following skills and experience:
• Proven track record in packaging development from design and innovation to commercialisation
• Qualified to degree level in a relevant scientific discipline
• Project management experience
• Experience within an FMCG or high volume food manufacturing operation
• Numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data
• Knowledge of current Legislations, relevant to food manufacturing and product labelling
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Experience working with multi functional teams
• Proficient in the use of MS Office tools
• Excellent written and communication skills
• £30,000 - £35,000 (dependent on skills and ability)
• On site car park.
To apply for the position please call Melinda Jones on 01978 366123 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is advertised by Travail Employment Group who are acting as an Employment Agency.
All candidates registering with Travail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.