Wrexham, commutable from Chester, Oswestry, Whitchurch, Nantwich
£25,000 - £35,000
4 on 4 off
Traffic Planner required to join a long established haulage business, operating from the Wrexham area to provide transport solutions for customers across a broad range of sectors. This role will suit an experienced Traffic Planner used to meeting customer expectations whilst maximising vehicle capacity and efficiency.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure transport work is planned effectively and allocate resources in a cost effective manner
• Manually plan routes for distribution all over the UK and update traffic management systems
• Arrange back loads and collections for general haulage and trunk operation
• Liaise with customers arranging loads, answering queries and provide up updates and feedback
• Pre-brief and de-brief drivers ensuring start times are adhered to and all documentation is completed and returned
• Work closely with the Transport Compliance Manager to ensure all industry health and safety and compliance is adhered to
• Plan vehicle PMI’s and defect repairs into daily work schedules ensuring compliance is met
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and abilities:
• A track record of experience working in a busy transport office, multi-drop transport planning and ability to re-route at short notice
• Knowledge of driver’s hours, tachograph and WTD legislation
• IT literate and knowledge of transport systems
• Customer focused with excellent organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills with both customers and colleagues at all levels
• Self starter who works well on their own initiative and under pressure
• Team player with a hands on approach
• Willingness to go the extra mile for business and customer needs
Our client is a long established and respected haulage firm who are experiencing considerable growth in their business. They have an enviable reputation for providing a high quality, responsive and reliable logistics service to companies in sectors ranging from ambient foods and pharmaceuticals to engineering businesses.
A highly attractive and competitive salary £25,000 - £35,000 (dependant on experience), working a 4on 4off pattern. Free parking.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Melinda@clockworkorg.com or call 01978 366123.
This vacancy is advertised by Travail Employment Group who are acting as an Employment Agency.
All candidates registering with Travail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.