Semi Skilled Maintenance Engineers
£16,000 - £30,500 dependent on skills / shifts
Semi Skilled maintenance engineers required for a leading food manufacturer to work various shift patterns. This role is ideal for Semi Skilled mechanics, fitters or engineers with mechanical and/or electrical skills who are eager to progress and develop within a fast paced manufacturing environment. The role will involve assisting other engineers with the company’s reactive and preventative maintenance duties including routine mechanical or electrical tasks that are assigned daily using an electronic tablet to find previous solutions and record actions.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responding to routine breakdown and repair issues
• Participate in engineering focused activities in support of manufacturing plant and equipment
• Ensure high factory reliability is achieved by performing quality routine machines and plant maintenance
• Assist operations by building up and stripping down production equipment
• Ensure optimum performance is achieved through effective and consistent setting of the production machine
• Work with the engineering team and meet the engineering standards across the group
• Actively seek self-development and complete your formal educational program with an intention of becoming an engineering technician
• Deliver engineering KPI’s to ensure visibility of supply engineering performance and required improvement for site.
Candidate needs to come from a mechanical or electrical background with the drive to further develop and learn, with a safety first and resilient attitude to effectively execute tasks to get them done. Communication skills are key to be successful in the role as the semi skilled engineer will have to communicate with a number of different stakeholders and work as part of a team. The ideal candidate must be able to understand the bigger picture and the needs of the business with regards to the need to service and deliver quality to the customer.
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate a background involving maintenance of a busy production line preferably or maintenance involving both mechanical and electrical machinery
• The candidate will enjoy challenging, problem solving roles and be ideally suited to a fast paced environment.
• The candidate should have good interpersonal skills and the ability to multi task.
This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates that want to progress within engineering. On offer is a salary between £16,000 - £30,500 per year dependant on skill set and shifts. The role involves working various shifts. Canteen facilities and free on site parking. Opportunities to gain further engineering qualifications are also available.
This is a great time to join an established company that has been successfully operating for 30+ years and is growing in size and there are good opportunities to progress within the engineering team. The company is a leading food manufacturing business with various sites across the UK and Ireland, operating 24 hours a day.
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.
All candidates registering with Travail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.