Events and Marketing Manager
Maternity Contract (14 months)
Oswestry, commutable from Wrexham
Salary £30,000 - £32,000 per annum + 25 days holiday + free parking
Events and Marketing Manager required by a dynamic professional business. This role will be perfect for an innovative and organised individual with a track record of experience in leading events, project management and good working knowledge of strategic marketing. This job opportunity provides a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Events and Marketing manager to join a highly successful team working in a fast paced and exciting environment.
• Develop and manage the company events, working with the team to identify new event topics, key speakers and appropriate locations and venues.
• Overall event management from start to finish of a project, including preparation and management of budgets, timelines and final event reconciliations.
• Market own events and support the team with theirs as initial approver. Marketing includes digital, social media, offline print as well as detailed copy writing for PR purposes.
• Manage all event logistics throughout the entire event including liaison with venue, speakers, sponsors and a key point of contact for any issues should they arise.
• Venue sourcing, contract negotiation and management liaison with venue throughout the life of the event and where appropriate, the venue finder company.
• Where appropriate, identify key sponsors to help support the overall event budget.
• Negotiate with regular suppliers on an ongoing basis to keep costs to a minimum and profit to a maximum.
• Manage a team to deliver against Company objectives focusing on individual ongoing development, training requirements and delivery against Performance Excellence initiative in line with Company Policy.
The successfully appointed Events and Marketing Manager will have the following, skills, attributes, and qualifications:
• A track record of experience in event management with a solid understanding of marketing principles
• Previous team management experience is essential
• Demonstrable project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
• Strong and easy communicator at all levels
• Able to provide leadership, motivation and directional support to the team
• A natural problem solver with an ability to make quick, informed decisions
• Proven experience in a creative solutions environment
• Adaptable and thrives on a changing environment
• Marketing qualification (CIM or equivalent) would be an advantage
• Educated to a minimum of 5 GCSEs
Our client is a growing business who benefit from innovative management and excellent terms of employment. The role will involve some travel within the UK and will require flexibility with working patterns. This will suit an individual who is adaptable and thrives on a changing environment.
• Salary £30,000 - £32,000 per annum (dependent on qualifications and skills)
• 25 days holiday
• Free parking
• The opportunity to work with a fantastic team
For more information on the vacancy or to apply please call Melinda Jones on 01978 366123 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is advertised by Travail Employment Group who are acting as an Employment Agency.
All candidates registering with Travail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.