Warehouse and Transport Manager
£32,000 - £35,000 + 21 days holiday plus Bank Holidays and Christmas Shutdown + bonus
Our client is recruiting a Warehouse and Transport Manager who will be responsible for running a large warehouse as well as managing a busy driving team. This role will suit an individual with a track record of experience as a Warehouse / Transport Manager and holds a Transport Managers CPC (Certificate Professional Competence).
Manage the warehouse including:
• The planning of daily workloads
• Implementation and management of an effective warehouse system
• Manage an accurate stock taking system
• Monitor and manage the running costs of the department
• Continuously review and improve practices / processes within the department
• Ensure departmental adherence to standards of Health and Safety
• Ensure Manage the fuel card system and track diesel usage
Manage the driving team including:
• Manage the maintenance and safety checks of all company vehicles
• Ensure legal compliance for the company fleet/drivers eg insurance, driving licences, driver hours etc
• Manage the induction and training of all new employee’s in the department
• Manage processes for FORS (Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme) accreditation
The successfully appointed Warehouse and Transport Manager will have the following skills and characteristics:
• A track record of experience as a Warehouse / Transport Manager
• Hold a Transport Managers CPC (Certificate Professional Competence)
• Knowledge of training and licences required for Drivers
• Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
• Experience of implementing process improvement initiatives
• Demonstrable skills in planning and organising workloads
• Ability to work in a time critical, high pressured environment
• Strong focus on Health & Safety
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills
• Excellent planning and organisation skills
• Ability to provide reports and analyse data
• Strong IT skills on Microsoft packages:- word, excel and outlook
• Full clean driving license
My client is a successful business who has a good reputation for dealing with bespoke and high volume demands. They have developed a close informal team who work well together and reap the benefit of long standing customer relationships.
• Salary£32,000 - £35,000 per annum
• Eligible to join the company bonus scheme after 6 months employment
• Hours: 8 – 4 (40 hours per week). Flexibility on start and finish times is required
• 21 days holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays and Christmas shutdown
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or call 01978 366123.
This vacancy is advertised by Travail Employment Group who are acting as an Employment Agency.
All candidates registering with Travail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.