Wrexham, commutable from Ellesmere, Whitchurch, Oswestry, Chester,
£37,000 - £40,000 + 25 days holiday + pension
Purchasing Manager required to develop, align and implement purchasing strategy for a developing international manufacturing business. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who has a track record of experience as a Procurement Manager who is qualified with an MCIPS accreditation.
• Build and maintain strong working relationships to gain buy-in and engagement with key stakeholders
• Challenge, enhance and standardise procurement practices across all business units to ensure conformity of approach, generate economies of scale and deliver added value
• Engage with strategic suppliers
• Maintain relationships with existing suppliers and source new suppliers as required
• Lead support and manage the tendering process for large strategic purchases
• Realise and deliver cost savings, together with a range of additional benefits including improved supplier performance, improved quality of service and total cost of performance along with risk management
• Work collaboratively with finance on departmental and wider organisational forecasts, where procurement has an impact
• Maintain and keep a constant check on stock levels to ensure they meet the needs of the business.
The successfully appointed Procurement Manager will have the following qualifications and skills:
• Professionally recognised purchasing qualification (MCIPS)
• A track record of experience as a procurement Manager
• Demonstrable experience in procurement strategy
• Credibility at a senior level.
• Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to lead key negotiations at a senior level
• First class analytical toolkit, knowledge of implementing E products / IT systems
• Extensive experience managing complex supplier and organisational relationships
• International experience in procurement
• A strong leader, able to inspire and motivate a team,
• Confidence to manage budgets and undertake financial forecasting
• Excellent communication, presentational and interpersonal skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Self-motivated and proactive, enjoy working under pressure
• Open approach
Our client is a successful and long established business who design, manufacture and distribute their products worldwide. They are recognised as being at the cutting edge of their sector technology and have a strong reputation for service and quality.
• £37,000 - £40,000 per annum
• Hours of work: 39 hours Monday – Friday
• Fantastic working environment
• 25 days holiday
For more information on the vacancy or to apply please call Melinda Jones on 01978 366123 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is advertised by Travail Employment Group who are acting as an Employment Agency. All candidates registering with Travail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.
Travail Employment Group recruits a broad range of commercial, engineering, technical and management posts.
Specific other vacancies in accounts, purchasing, marketing, customer service, IT, Supply chain and Quality roles.
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.