Project Design Engineer
Outskirts of Newark
Full-time, Mon – Fri
Competitive Salary DOE
Our client, a market leader in their field, are looking for a Project Design Engineer to join their busy and growing Design Team. The primary role is to develop the design, and produce detailed information on allocated schemes, to facilitate projects through manufacture and completion on site.
Working primarily with the Client design team to develop the design, the Project Design Engineer will also supervise any allocated CAD Technicians and supplementary design resource to achieve delivery of all required design information.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE
• Be responsible for developing the enquiry stage design through to a technically compliant scheme
• Ensure the design meets specification and complies with all relevant legislation.
• Attend relevant design meetings to facilitate the development of the design, and liaise with relevant subcontractors to ensure third party design elements are fully coordinated
• Supervise the work of the CAD Technicians to ensure information is produced accurately and efficiently in line with the overall design programme.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The Project Design Engineer should:
• Have a working knowledge of Building Regulations and other market sector specific regulatory and statutory requirements
• Be aware of standard industry drawing practices, and be able to present design information in a comprehensive manner
• Have an understanding of the principles of BIM within a construction or manufacturing industry
• Qualified to Degree or HND/HNC Level
• Competent in the use of appropriate CAD software, preferably AutoDESK REVIT, AutoDESK AutoCAD, and/or other 3D Modelling software
• Experience working within a design role in a construction business
• Capable of supervising junior members of the design team, including the allocation and monitoring of project design workload and programme reporting