Outskirts of Newark
Full-time, Mon – Fri
Competitive Salary DOE
Our client, based on the outskirts of Newark, is looking for a Buyer/Scheduler to join their busy, growing team. The main responsibility is to ensure the quality, quantity, and price of raw materials needed to produce products ordered by customers. This position requires that the Buyer possesses the ability to work closely with project teams to understand the weekly production requirements, as well as, to work closely with vendors to understand market changes, which will impact supply requirements (Steel, etc).
• Negotiate, or renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
• Analyse price proposals and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
Responsibilities & Duties include:
• Confer with QA and Production to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and assist in determining corrective action.
• Initiate projects to reduce the total cost of raw materials and packaging goods.
• Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
• Maintain and review computerised or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
• Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems trace shipments and follow up on undelivered goods.
• Prepare POs, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services.
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
• Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing programs that
• Review product specifications, maintaining a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
• Monitor changes affecting supply and demand, tracking market conditions, price trends, or futures markets.
If you feel this could be the role for you, please send your updated CV outlining your relevant experience to Travail Newark.
Travail are operating as an Employment Agency in this instance.