The successful candidate will work closely with the Workshop Department in making and maintaining the company’s Stock which is hired out to various media organisations.
The successful candidate will be an experienced cabinet maker who enjoys the pleasure and challenge of working with wood.
• To have adequate knowledge of the machinery, tools and materials used in the trade;
• To take responsibility for the proper and appropriate use of machinery and tools;
• To make props to precise standards to satisfy customer requirements;
• To make items or carry out alterations to existing props as required;
• To carry out repairs to existing furniture stock;
• To carry out general maintenance of items within the “Smalls” department;
• To assist with polishing;
• To provide occasional assistance with woodwork repairs around the company’s buildings;
• To observe all applicable Health & Safety procedures & practices;
• To ensure that all work is carried in a clean, tidy and safe manner.
• Excellent ability to read and understand technical drawings;
• An advanced level of machining, assembly and installation skills;
• Have an excellent eye for detail;
• Be well-organised with the ability to meet deadlines;
• Should have a positive approach & good problem solving skills;
• Able to work on initiative;
• Possess good communication skills;
• Great team spirit and energy.
£20,000 to £23,000
This vacancy is being advertised by Travail Employment Group (Barking). The services advertised by Travail Employment Group (Barking) are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.