Hotel Group Reservations Executive
Our client is a specialist in-bound tour operator who supplies leisure tours, cultural tours and summer holidays to groups of tourists via ground travel products and services within Europe.
The company is seeking to recruit an experienced hotel reservations executive who has the appropriate skills in managing group bookings
• Negotiate and confirm group rates and conditions with hotels.
• Build, develop, strengthen and maintain strong business relationship with suppliers.
• To source new suppliers.
• To ensure that hotels offered are of the required standard and quality.
• To source alternative solutions in difficult situations when the requested locations/hotels are unavailable.
• Communicate clearly and precisely at all levels of responsibility to ensure that all relevant information is received and properly understood.
• Manage and resolve possible complaints by liaising with suppliers and Operations/Sales teams.
• Liaise with Sales offices, Operations, Accounts and other departments.
• Must have phone/email experience within a group reservation department.
• Possess good knowledge of the industry.
• Be familiar with 3, 4 and 5 star hotels in the UK and European Union countries.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills with good time management.
• Must have excellent negotiation skills.
• Be a proactive thinker with the ability to deal with stressful situations.
• Must be a people person who is self-motivated and confident.
• Should be results driven with a positive and confident attitude.
• Have an approachable manner with colleagues, clients and suppliers.
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Be computer literate with good Microsoft Office skills including outlook.
• Any additional European language will be advantageous.
Monday – Friday 9:00am to 6:00pm
£17,000 to £25,000 depending upon qualification and experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Travail Employment Group (Barking). The services advertised by Travail Employment Group (Barking) are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.