The successful public practice Accountant Manager is responsible for contributing to the provision of a comprehensive accounting and business advisory service to a portfolio of clients; ensuring all staff receive on the job training and support to meet business and personal goals.
• The completion of client accounts to strict deadlines following preparation by the team for final signing off by a partner.
• Review client accounts to ensure tax compliance/planning for businesses and contacts
• Assist with/advise on the preparation of client management accounts.
• Manage all client queries within the portfolio of accounting and audits.
• Provide effective guidance to the client on costs and business planning issues.
• Develop and maintain a close working relationship with clients to gain their respect and understand their business, identifying opportunities for cross selling other services.
• Develop a team of staff under the manager’s control through supporting and assisting them to achieve agreed targets in their performance and development.
• Ensure that all technicians and trainees receive effective on the job training and experience to complement their studies and provide ongoing technical support.
• Attend relevant networking events and prospect to attract new clients.
• ACA or ACCA qualified and/or qualified with extensive general practice experience.
• Demonstrate effective staff management and communication skills.
• Provide effective client inter-personal skills managing client expectations.
• Strong IT skills to operate in-house programs and prepare / develop spreadsheets etc.
• Fully conversant with accounts preparation programs.
• Experience of completion of company and unincorporated tax computations.
• Possess a thorough working knowledge of accounting standards and provisions of Companies Act.
• Ability to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
• Experience of effectively managing costs and business planning / working to deadlines.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful Accountant Manager/Qualified Accountant / ACA / ACCA to join an award winning accountancy practice located in the Loughborough area.
For further information regarding the position please feel free to contact our Executive Consultant Jason Barrington on 01509 269636 or email you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org