Our client is currently seeking CIPS qualified Senior Buyer as integral part of the purchasing team with a strong, solid background in purchasing and supply chain management. The successful Senior Buyer will take a proactive approach in reviewing company systems and procedures, making recommendations and implementing changes. The role is key to leading the business in securing quality suppliers of materials and components covering price delivery and quality targets.
· Managing and controlling all the company’s external suppliers with particular emphasis on the purchase of Materials and finished parts for production.
· Ensure parts and materials are purchased at the most competitive price and delivered on time for production.
· Establish strategic relationships with key suppliers aligned to company requirements.
· Identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements including discount structures and volume rebates.
· Continually improve purchasing methods and drive down external spends.
· Carry out a comprehensive review of the Purchasing function and its methodology and identify and implement improvements.
· Direct Supplier and Commodity management for a specific number of Commodities/Suppliers.
· Management and coordination of Purchasing activities with relation to Cost, Delivery and Quality performance.
· Coordinating and managing with Quality personnel, resolutions to Supplier Quality concerns.
· Mentor new starters, providing ''on the job'' training to existing team members.
· Continuous development of self and individual team members.
· Supplier visits both in the UK and abroad sometimes at very short notice.
· Extensive experience within a procurement role related to engineering.
· Experience of supervising within a procurement team.
· High competency level in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and MRP Systems.
· Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend whilst developing a robust supplier base.
· Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques.
· Experience of purchasing bespoke, manufactured parts including scheduled deliveries.
· Experience of outsourcing to low cost countries would be an advantage.
· Strong leadership skills and proven experience in staff development.
· Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results.
· Versatile, tenacious and people orientated.
· Result orientated and confident.
· Commercial and financial acumen.
Degree qualified or equivalent in a business related subject
CIPS - Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply qualified
For further information regarding the position please feel free to contact our Technical Consultant Jason Barrington on 01509 269636 or email you CV to email@example.com