Our client is currently seeking CIPS qualified Buyer as integral part of the purchasing team with a strong, solid background in purchasing and supply chain management. The role is key to leading the business in securing quality suppliers of materials and components covering price delivery and quality targets.
• Ensure the most cost effective and efficient inflow of materials and services through the application of purchasing best practice in accordance with operating principles.
• Initiate and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and internal and external customers
• To manage a portfolio of supplier relationships and to support colleagues with their workload as required to assure team delivery.
• Identify alternative suppliers ensuring due diligence is carried out in a timely manner.
• Differentiate supplier relationships and to analyse which type of approach is the most effective for each material / service at any given time
• Adhere to, and comply with company codes of practice.
• Review and contribute to the delivery of personal, departmental and business metrics and KPIs.
• Prepare and provide constructive contributions with team meetings that develop the business and department agenda as well as enhancing personal and team development.
• Drive the development of purchasing excellence.
• Negotiate Supply Agreements/Service Level agreements/contracts as applicable.
• Create Category Sourcing plans for each area of expenditure.
· Extensive experience within a procurement role related to engineering.
· Experience of working as a Buyer within a manufacturing / engineering environment.
· High competency level in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and MRP Systems.
· Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend whilst developing a robust supplier base.
· Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques.
· Experience of purchasing bespoke, manufactured parts including scheduled deliveries.
· Experience of outsourcing to low cost countries would be an advantage.
· Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results.
· Versatile, tenacious with strong negotiation skills.
· Result orientated and confident.
· Commercial and financial acumen.
Degree qualified or equivalent in a business related subject
CIPS - Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply qualified
For further information regarding the position please feel free to contact our Technical Consultant Jason Barrington on 01509 269636 or email you CV to email@example.com