Our client is currently seeking an experienced and qualified Senior Mechanical Engineer as integral part of the R&D team with a strong, solid background in mechanical engineering, design and development specifically on Generator manufacturing. The successful Senior Mechanical Engineer will champion mechanical engineering improvements within the generator development team.
· Formulate, investigate and design new ideas to develop and improve current products working with the generator development team.
· You will have a strong understanding of customer and market requirements impacting design.
· You will have the ability to lead and manage engineering evaluations, in-depth analysis and product design solutions to change and make improvements to the existing product range.
· You will have responsibility for ensuring all design changes made through development projects adhere to customer specifications and legal requirements.
· Manage and provide solutions for design change as a result of identified product improvements.
· Provide detailed guidance and supporting documentation on all changes within new designs.
· Conduct DFMEA’s and partake in PFMEA’s ensuring risk reviews on all changes are completed.
· Ensure all product developments are designed for manufacturing facilities in UK and abroad ensuring cost targets and time constraints are met.
· Support Purchasing team developing new/existing suppliers ensuring quality standards are met.
· You will be flexible and willing to work as required to meet targets and willing to travel.
· Extensive experience related to mechanical engineering, design and development of generators is an essential requirements for this role.
· Extensive experience of implementing design techniques, tools, methodologies and procedures within the design of generators, turbo generators (stator & rotor design).
· In depth understanding of design and operating criteria for generators, stators and rotors.
· Experience of 3D CAD; AutoCAD Inventor, SolidWorks, CATIA or similar - essential.
· Experience of modelling software ANSYS FEA, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and MRP/ERP Systems.
· Excellent communication skills across internal and external stakeholders.
· Ideally you will have strong project management, design review/methodologies and FMEA’s.
· Proven experience of bringing design concepts to manufacture.
· Experience of LEAN Manufacturing methodologies and principals such as Six Sigma, KAIZAN.
Degree Qualified as a Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Design Engineer
For further information regarding the position please feel free to contact our Technical Engineering Consultant Jason Barrington on 01509 269636 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org