Our client is a leading rotating equipment company within the power and utilities industry and are currently looking for a Tendering Engineer reporting to the Team Leader. This involves preparation and submission of quotations for pumps, mixers and associated equipment based on customer enquiries from water utility companies, contractors and service providers in the UK. Reviewing customer order documentation and checking its accuracy against quotations prior to handover.
· Maintenance of on-time quotations and standard orders.
· Winning and handling orders - predominantly Water/Water Treatment Framework Agreements.
· Developing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
· Technical and commercial review of enquiries and orders.
· Preparation and collation of technical and commercial offer.
· Entry and updating of reports/CRM to ensure project tracking is kept up to date.
· Updating of spreadsheets to enable accurate quoting for frameworks.
· Supporting the Sales Manager-Water/Wastewater with framework enquiries and tenders.
· Visiting customers in respect of enquiries and orders as required.
· Using Water/Wastewater knowledge to support other departments as requested and agreed by the Water/Wastewater Team Leader.
· Methodical and tidy approach to work and ability to complete tasks fully.
· Energetic outlook.
· Strong customer focus.
· Solid mechanical and/or electrical background.
· Computer Literate. An understanding of SAP would be a distinct advantage.
· Desire to work within a small flexible team that is dedicated to customer satisfaction and company profitability and help grow the company’s market share.
· Ability to respond under time pressure and maintain good relationship with customers.
· Ability to work on own initiative.
The successful Tendering Engineer will carry out bid and tender quotations for water/water treatment contracts. Our client is looking for an energetic, motivated individual with a technical or sales background. Experience in the pump industry is not necessary, as full training will be given.
For further information regarding the position please feel free to contact our Technical Consultant Jason Barrington on 01509 269636 or email you CV to email@example.com