Our client is a fast growing food production company who is currently seeking an electrically biased Engineering Maintenance Manager to oversee the expansion of food production lines, implementation of new machinery and maintenance of existing and new food production machinery. This is a fantastic opportunity to add value to a business by implementing PPM’s strategies assisting with minimising downtime, increasing production, recruiting engineering staff and managing a strong maintenance engineering team.
· The key requirement is to lead and develop the site maintenance team which runs 24 hours per day, six days per week.
· Implement and coordinate the preventative maintenance programmes and rapid response to breakdowns and to work in partnership with operations and support teams to ensure that all engineering works are completed promptly, efficiently and to the standard required by the Company.
· Work closely with Production Manager and Supervisor on stock holding volumes and space requirements.
· Organize the shift rotas, ensure every shift is covered, which may include personally covering shifts during times of absence
· Develop a team who proactively engage production teams to foster Continuous Improvement
· Maintain and manage supply of critical spares
· Manage the planned maintenance system
· Respond to breakdowns and formulate repair plans
· As part of the operations team, manage the day-to-day business function
· Play an active role in daily operations meetings
· Ensure plant and equipment is operational to meet customer and business requirements
· Provide support to operations and peers when necessary
· Demonstrate a passion for safety by taking a leading role ensuring safe systems of work are adhered to
· Actively champion Health & Safety to ensure a safe working environment
• Excellent communication skills at all level
• Strong leadership skills and experience with the ability to lead by example and work well with stakeholders at all levels
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Very good time management, planning, organization and project management experience and skills
• Strong decision maker with the ability to influence key decision makers at board level
• Proven track record of managing budgets and/or P&L within an engineering/production environment.
• Time served Electrically biased Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer proven experience ideally in the food or FMCG industry
• Certified 16th and/or 17th Edition is essential for this position
• Inspection & Testing – non essential
• Experience of working with PLC and/or SCADA systems in an automated production environment - essential.
• HNC/HND will be considered with the right levels of experience
• Understanding of mechanical and electrical competencies
• Continual professional development: management training , lean manufacturing, six sigma (or equivalent), Health & Safety
• Experience of leading and/or commissioning production line projects
• Experience of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing within a food production environment (or equivalent)
This is a fantastic opportunity for either a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer looking for a step up or an experienced Engineering Manager looking to add value and make a difference to a fast growing company. You will be given full responsibility to run a maintenance team as well as implementing processes, procedures, systems and preventive maintenance procedures.
For further information regarding the position please feel free to contact our Technical Consultant Jason Barrington on 01509 269636 or email you CV to email@example.com