Our client is a leading rotating equipment company within the power and utilities industry and are currently looking for an Internal Sales Engineer with a background in engineering. This is an active and challenging role within the internal sales team involving preparation and submission of quotations for pumps, mixers and associated equipment based on customer enquiries from utility companies, contractors and service providers in the UK.
• Reviewing customer requirements, preparing offers for products, related equipment and services and where required executing the standard orders won within this group.
• Preparation and submission of quotations for pumps and associated equipment based on customer enquiry documentation.
• Producing quotations, winning and handling orders through to invoicing.
• Developing and maintaining good customer relationships.
• Technical and commercial review of enquiries alongside tendering engineers.
• Liaison with company factories and outside suppliers to complete sales orders and offers.
• Preparation and collation of technical and commercial enquiries.
• Entry and updating of reports to ensure project tracking is kept up to date.
• Development and expansion of sales opportunities.
• Building and maintaining strong customer relationships.
• The core business for this department stems from various distributors, key accounts and end users.
• Ideally you will come from a technical sales background.
• The role requires self-motivation and an ability to effectively handle several enquiries at any one time and develop a productive relationship with customers.
• Ideally you will be from a Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering background and completed an apprenticeship.
• Knowledge of pump, valves and rotating equipment would be advantageous.
• Microsoft Office suite skills essential (full training on company systems will be given).
• Entry and updating the CRM to ensure project tracking is kept up to date.
• An understanding of SAP would be a distinct advantage.
· Desire to work within a small flexible team dedicated to customer satisfaction and company profitability and help grow the company’s market share.
· Positive and enthusiastic sales outlook.
· Strong customer focus and customer service skills.
· Ability to respond under time pressure and maintain good relationship with customers.
· Ability to work on own initiative.
Our client is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Sales Engineer with a technical or sales background. The successful Internal Sales Engineer will have a fantastic opportunity to work with a highly reputable business with a strong reputation for training and developing employees to the highest level.
For further information regarding the position please feel free to contact our Technical Consultant Jason Barrington on 01509 269636 or email you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org