Our client is currently seeking an experienced Management Accountant as integral part of the purchasing team with a strong, solid background within engineering /manufacturing related to the Aerospace, Power, Utilities and/or Oil & Gas industries. The successful Management Accountant will be required to undertake the management and financial accounting for various sites in the UK and abroad. This is a fantastic opportunity as there is potential to progress to a Finance Controller positon for the right candidate looking for a chance to progress or willing to take a step back to progress further.
· They key function of the Management Accountant position will be to manage the fixed asset processes for the group.
· Statutory reporting.
· Head Office / company flash reporting.
· Head count and payroll accounting and forecasting.
· Overhead accounting and forecasting for the UK subsidiaries of the group and head office.
· Undertake management reporting including monthly forecasts and budgets.
· Balance sheet reconciliations to company Fixed Assets and Payroll.
· Manage the European plant VAT returns.
· Tax Interface with head office and completion of tax packs.
· Identify, lead and participate in finance process improvement projects to improve the efficiency of the finance function and reporting.
· Liaison with the Auditors.
· Provide Invoicing / FOREX / Cash forecasting / reporting cover to the Finance Director.
· Strong Financial and Management Accounting knowledge and experience.
· Overhead Management is essential for this role.
· Excellent knowledge and experience of VAT reporting.
· Invoicing, cash management and tax pack reporting.
· Knowledge of compliance requirements (internal controls).
· Management of the month/quarterly end reporting/accounting process.
· Experience of managing and delivering process/business improvement projects.
· Balance sheet reconciliation experience.
· Dealing with auditors.
· Utilising reporting software in a timely manner.
· Management of the fixed asset process.
· Good Microsoft Office and in particular Excel skills.
· Result orientated and confident.
· Strong commercial and financial acumen.
Professional Accounting qualification is essential; CIMA, ACA and/or ACCA required with relevant post qualification experience.
For further information regarding the position please feel free to contact our Technical Consultant Jason Barrington on 01509 269636 or email you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org