Field Service Engineer
Our client is a leading rotating equipment company based in Leicestershire within the power and utilities industry. The company is currently looking for a Field Service Engineer to join their external Field Service team reporting to the Operations Manager within the service department. This position involves travelling to various sites around the UK and Ireland to service, maintain and install pumps and associated equipment. The ideal candidate will have ideally has an engineering qualification and knowledge of rotating equipment and systems.
· Carrying out planned and unscheduled maintenance and installation services for power station outages and utilities shutdowns.
· Strip and overhaul of rotary equipment and valves.
· Completion and accurate reporting and concise spares list if needed.
· Troubleshooting and problem solving ‘on site’.
· Perform laser alignments.
· Installation and commissioning of rotary equipment and valves.
· Carry out inspections and analysis on site.
· Installation of mechanical equipment.
· Installation of electrical equipment where applicable.
· Maintain tools and ensure equipment for calibration is up to date.
· Maintain high standards of workmanship.
· Liaison with clients at site.
· Liaison with field and services team coordinator.
· Undertake ‘workshop service’ activities when required.
· Contribute to company continuous improvement initiatives.
· Working within Health & Safety guidelines.
· Oversee any relevant sub-contractor activities.
· Responsible for company vehicle and contents.
· Accurate completion of daily time sheets and expense sheets.
The successful Field Service Engineer role will carrying out planned and reactive field service activities. Our client is currently looking for a strong Field Service Engineer with a good understanding of mechanical engineered components. The company supplier mechanical systems to Power, Energy, Oil & Gas, Water and Water Treatment businesses throughout the UK. This is an active and challenging role within the service operations team.
For further information regarding the position please feel free to contact our Technical Consultant Jason Barrington on 01509 269636 or email you CV to email@example.com