Our client is currently seeking a Machinist / CNC Miller with a strong background in toolmaking or traditional mechanical engineering with experience of working in a mechanical engineering workshop manufacturing environment. Our client is a well established precision engineering company specialising manufacturing alloy and high tensile steel products for Aerospace, Power and Research industries.
The successful Machinist / CNC Miller will have the skills and ability to undertake a range of duties within a traditional workshop machining environment.
· Machinist / CNC Miller (Day or Night Shifts)
· Working from technical drawings manufacturing and machining of mechanical components for Aerospace, Automotive, Industrial and Power Generation industries
· Machining of steel alloy component parts
· Workshops Assembly and manufacturing
· Specialising in milling or milling and turning on traditional lathes
· Turning / drilling / milling / boring / circular grinding
· Using lathes and other mechanical machinery some of which are traditional mechanical engineering tools
· The successful Machinist / CNC Miller will have good "hands-on" engineering skills to utilise various workshop equipment and machinery
· Time served apprentice trained mechanical engineer or tool maker with toolmaking, milling and turning experience.
· Experience of working in a traditional mechanical engineering workshop working with milling, turning, CNC Machinery (manual and/or automated) XYZ Siemens Control, Colchester, Fanuc Controlled, Heidenhain Controlled
· Understanding of steel alloys and machining of hardened steel alloys
· Experience of Quality Inspection using traditional workshop tools
· Working within ISO 9001 QA procedures
· Ability to read technical drawings will be essential for this position
For further information regarding the position please feel free to contact our Technical Consultant Jason Barrington on 01509 269636 or email you CV to email@example.com