Our client is a leading switchgear and control panel company within the power and utilities industry. The company is currently looking for a General Engineer to join their workshop and external installation/service team reporting to the Directors. The ideal candidate will have an apprenticeship engineering qualification and knowledge of control panels and switchgear manufacturing. Full product training will be provided.
· Electrical and Mechanical Engineering duties.
· To build/assemble electrical control panels/switchgear products accurately and effectively on time, on target cost and in line with our safety standards.
· To understand the scope and requirements of the panel design from wiring diagrams
· To understand electrical schematics and bills of material.
· Inspect completed panels/switchgear to ensure quality and workmanship meets with client requirements.
· Installation problem solving.
· Completion of accurate reporting and concise spares lists and stock control when required.
· Provide on site cover for field services and installation activities.
· Reduce/minimise rework by maintaining high standards of workmanship.
· Liaison with Design Team to ensure designs meet client standards.
· Provide ‘out of hours’ works cover where required.
· Working within H & S guidelines.
· Liaison with visitors/clients where required.
· Oversee any relevant temporary workers or sub-contractor activities.
· Experience of BMS and/or PLC systems would be advantageous although not essential.
The successful General Engineer (Switchgear) role will carry out and oversee production and engineering activities internally and externally. Our client is currently looking for a strong General Engineer (Switchgear) with a good understanding of engineering, production, installation, servicing switchgear control panels and associated equipment. There is a very good chance to progress to a Supervisory and Management position as the company is undergoing substantial growth due to new and exciting products which are being launched.
For further information regarding the position please feel free to contact our Technical Engineering Consultant Jason Barrington on 01509 269636 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org