Our client is a leading Datacentre IT Service Provider company within the UPS and server systems industry. The company is currently looking for an IT Support Technician holder will support the IT Systems Administrator with IT related issues. The ideal candidate will have the experience to undertake specific responsibility for providing 1st line IT Support.
• Ensuring all staff (both office and remote) are equipped with an appropriate level of IT hardware and software and reliable network access to applications and resources.
• Helping to maintain a fully functioning message platform across the UK and Europe.
• Providing quality 1st line support, escalating relevant issues to IT Systems Administrator.
• Ensuring relevant security patches and anti-virus updates are deployed / up to date.
• Removing viruses and malware from infected machines.
• Ensure Data Protection Manager alerts to do with back-ups of company data are investigated, followed up and resolved
• Providing IT and phone training to new users at Loughborough or London offices.
• Keeping asset management information up to date (Phones/Servers/Mobile Devices etc.)
• Setting up, maintaining company email accounts, mobile and landline phone devices.
• Ensuring that photocopiers and printers are kept in good working order.
• Updating the Company’s SharePoint site, as required.
• Graduate calibre - IT based qualification (e.g. degree, HND etc.)
• Adequate experience of working in an IT support role essential
• Experience of working in a fast paced, reactive environment preferred
• Experience of working in the service industry and dealing with remote users preferred
• General IT Security Awareness
• Windows 10 Operating System, Microsoft Office Applications & Office 365
• Software Distribution / Backup Systems / Asset Management
• HP Servers, HP Laptops, HP Printer Hardware
• VPN Access and Remote Working/Access
• Active Directory User Accounts
• MS SharePoint 2010 / Microsoft SCCM 2012 / Microsoft MCPs
• Cisco Switches and Routers.
The successful IT Support Technician will carry out and oversee IT Support activities internally and externally. There is scope to progress with the company.
For further information regarding the position please feel free to contact our Technical Consultant Jason Barrington on 01509 269636 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org