As a result of continued success and ongoing planned programme of strategic growth an opportunity has arisen with our Client for an Electrical Engineer to join their company on a full time permanent basis. If you are looking to work with a company that appreciates skill and hard work then this is the job to apply for.
- On site repair and installation of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Fault finding
- Allocate and supervise work
- Manage and train personnel to a high level of product knowledge.
- Liaise with managers and contractors at all levels.
- Adhere strictly to safe systems of work.
- Read and fully understand electrical engineering drawings.
City and guilds, NVQ, HNC
Responsibilities and tasks vary from role-to-role but you will typically be involved in:
- Designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults
- Diagnosing breakdown problems
- Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly
- Carrying out quality inspections on jobs
- Liaising with client departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs
- Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Improving health and safety policies and procedures
- Working with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), which control machinery on factory assembly lines
- Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines
- Ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.