A hand’s on role, working closely with the Production Teams and contractors, ensuring the day to day maintenance is completed effectively and safely, alongside continual improvements to the production plant.
Reporting to the Site manager, the jobholder is responsible for the maintenance of the operational site including the production plant and equipment, both internal and external.
By developing a detailed understanding to the facility, the job holder will review and continuously improve maintenance systems, to ensure they work properly and that they comply with Health, Safety, Environment and Quality regulations.
Maintenance Engineer, Aggregate Manufacture:
• Responsible for the workshop area, and tracking/replenishing consumables.
• Responsible for the spares and sourcing suppliers to ensure spares are readily obtainable, with the longer lead-time critical spares held in stock, resulting in minimal plant downtime.
• Responsible to personally carry out (or check that others have done) all Daily, Weekly & Monthly maintenance activities, in line with the manual and manufacturer’s instructions and that they are recorded in the site logs.
• Hands on guidance and training, to assist the teams with both preventative and reactive maintenance requirements associated with the plant and equipment at Avonmouth, including reviewing and development of further maintenance plans, by determining the most effective strategies for each element of the facility.
• Responsible for the continual operation of the plant, finding faults and repairing breakdowns, whilst taking a proactive approach to providing suggestions for improvement resulting in minimum downtime and consistent production
• Flexible to cover staff shortages and call outs to deal with breakdowns and operational problems, and to carry out other reasonable duties required by the Site Manager.
Key Skills / Experience
• At least 5 years’ experience within a maintenance environment with the ability to fault find and repair electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic issues.
• Sound judgement skills and rational approach, with experience in conveyor systems, mixers, valves and heavy machinery.
• Ability to carry out repairs and improvements, including welding and fabrication as required.
• Strong team worker with the ability to train and motivate others in the understanding of plant and machinery maintenance within a demanding production environment.
• Ability to review and improve systems and processes within a growing business, and (in conjunction with the Site Manager) adapting initial schedules and routines as experience is gained in areas such as plant reliability.
• Willingness to be innovative, work under their own initiative, with strong organisational skills, being able to plan, prioritise and organise various tasks at the same time.
• Must have a flexible approach to work and be contactable out of hours.
Desirable Skills / Experience
• Experience within an aggregates, concrete or waste environment.
• Knowledge of waste industry / environmental legislation.
• Fabrication and welding experience.
• Holder of a IOSH or NEBOSH
• Hold appropriate mobile plant operating certificates, ideally with the ability to train others.
• Confident and diplomatic communicator, both written and verbal.