As a Service Technician, you will be a key member of the Service support team and
participate with installations in a two person team, customer training, and provide on-site and remote customer technical assistance often individually.
The majority of this will be based in Europe and work in occasionally other locations. This support includes attendance at the Bristol facility approx 25% of the time to to work with the team and diagnose rectify customer issues remotely when not at customer’s site.
This position requires assembly/troubleshooting skills attributed to Electrical, IT and PLC
Control systems. Basic mechanical skills are also required.
• Knowledge of electrical and mechanical concepts, assembly operations, and testing
- Knowledge of high volume special purpose machinery.
• Ability to interpret mechanical detail/assembly drawings, electrical schematics/
diagrams, engineering drawings, and any other written instructions or procedures to
allow accurate assembly of equipment.
• Good understanding of PLC based machinery controls; troubleshooting capabilities.
• Proficient in written and oral communication skills, analytical problem solving,
decisiveness, and planning.
• Perform testing and check-out during field commissioning.
Keep detailed documentation throughout process.
• Provide technical assistance to customers remotely or via on-site visit as required.
• Provide training of operation and maintenance to the end-users of equipment.
• Troubleshoot and repair field service issues by taking ownership of solutions until
satisfied with outcome.
• Maintain high level of equipment knowledge and participate with internal training
• This position involves frequent travel to customer locations throughout EMEA.
• Relevant Qualifications for specified disciplines required.
Title: Service Technician
• Salary £35,000 OTE per annum
• Core working hours of 39 hrs per week, however regular commitments outside of core hours
are required with a good overtime remuneration structure
• Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Discretionary Bonus up to 5k
Note: Candidate to reside within easy commutable distance to Bristol facility - must have own transport and a driving license.