We have a fantastic opportunity for a Design Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer to join a world renowned manufacturing company based in Gloucester, paying between £25-£26,000 per annum plus benefits.
Job Title: Design Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: £25000 - £26000 + benefits
Industry: Manufacturing / Automotive / Aerospace
Our client is a worldwide market leader within their field and are one of the UK''s leading manufacturers supplying to the Aerospace, Automotive and Engineering Industries - they are looking to recruit a Design Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
The role of the Design Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer will involve:
- Providing manufacturing and design drawings for existing products, as well as bespoke projects
- Preparing drawings and designs to support the sales and manufacturing process
- Providing material lists
- Managing projects and designs from concept stage through to production
- Liaising with customers and Suppliers both within the UK and overseas
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical or Production Engineering (or equivalent)
- Competent in using Solid Edge and AutoCAD
- Fluent in German, French or Spanish would be an advantage
In addition the successful Design Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer will have experience of the design / drawing process and will have high attention to detail. You will also have knowledge of working to quality standards and have an understanding of the manufacturing process. Our client will also consider Graduates who have 2-3 years experience working in a manufacturing / industrial environment where they are involved in the Mechanical Design process.
In return you will benefit from working for a world leading manufacturing company whose benefits include flexible working hours (37 per week), 25 days holiday (plus BH), Life Assurance and Pension scheme.