Title: Production Planner
Salary: £25,000 plus quarterly bonus after 3 months
The successful Production Planner will receive a generously competitive package including a salary of £25,000 plus a generous quarterly bonus scheme which is applicable after completion of 3 month probation. The last two quarters have been paid of 12.05%. In addition to this there will be Westfield Health Care Level 1, 28 days annual leave increasing alongside length of service upto a total of 35 days and a company contributory pension scheme. The hours of work for this position are 37.5 hours per week and are Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm. There is free car parking on site. This company is based in Sheffield with easy access via car and public transport from surrounding areas and offers the benefit of working with one of the worlds leading stainless steel providers with excellent career prospects.
We are proud to be working in partnership with one of our most longstanding Sheffield based clients whom we have worked alongside for the past 12 years. This is a unique opportunity to join this well established business whom are a worldwide stainless steel provider. Our client is fast becoming the undisputed number one in stainless steel and employs some 7500 people in over 30 countries.
As a Production Planner you will be reporting into the Sales and Operations Manager. Day to day responsibility will include:
- Responsible for the management of the hireworkers used in SLP
- Manage the hirework purchase orders
- Manage the capacity reservations at the hireworkers
- Support in the creation and updating of the Service Level and Quality Agreements with the hireworkers
- Manage and book the transport for the routes to and from the hireworkers
- Support the BALP Supply Chain team with updated information to allow for effective planning and capacity management
- Minimise WIP in the system by improving lead times and setting and reviewing the appropriate buffer stocks etc.
- Minimise the costs for BALP for the hirework routes
To apply for this position you must have a minimum of 3 years experience in a production planning role, ideally within the steel industry although we would consider similar environments. Other requirements for the role include:
- Very good understanding of key supply chain concepts and planning techniques
- Multiple stakeholder management experience
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
For further information regarding this opportunity, please e-mail a copy of your CV to [email protected]
or apply online now. Alternatively call Naomi Frain on 01142 768 228.
Travail Employment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.