Client: A well established, progressive & highly respected fostering agency.
Job Type: Maternity Cover/Temporary
Salary: £18, 500 - £20, 000 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week/ Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Reporting to: Admin Team Manager
Start Date: IMMEDIATE
Absolute Essentials: Exceptional admin skills, minute taking experience, driving licence
Our client is a well-established and progressive agency providing a comprehensive service within the FOSTERING industry.
The agency prides itself on the high quality support it provides to its foster carers and to the well-being of the children under its care. They are rated as “Outstanding” by Ofsted.
The agency has a vibrant fostering community of carers who, between them, have wide and diverse experiences and backgrounds. They are people focused and has a team of highly professional staff providing a 24 hour service.
An excellent Administrator for maternity cover is now required. This is a diverse, busy role meaning the successful candidate must be reliable &organised with attention to detail and a friendly, proactive & confident persona.
Your role as the sole administrator at this office, you will occasionally be working alone, sometimes unsupervised, but usually to deadlines. Consequently, you will need to be competent in undertaking the day to day responsibilities such as, opening up the office in the mornings, locking up at night, dealing with landlord queries, etc.
• All administrative duties associated with the running of a professional & busy office including typing, scanning, photocopying etc
• Child Admin – Entering outcome trackers on CHARMS, monthly summaries, Parent & Child Reports, various meetings including PEP reviews, LAC reviews, completing questionnaires for Local Authorities etc
• Carer Admin – Follow admin checklists relating to Foster Carer Support Group & Training Courses. Full completion of DBS/GBG & Social Services care check, maintaining records on Sharepoint etc
• Office & SSW Support – Providing direct admin support to SSWs including taking calls in their absence, writing letters/reports/minutes as requested, full audit of office Health & Safety procedures/equipment, file audits etc
• Admin Support to Panel & Decision Maker - including diary management, arranging hospitality for training courses foster carer reviews etc
• Handling ALL tasks with the utmost confidentiality & sensitivity!
• First class administration & office skills
• Excellent minute taking experience
• Good standard of computer skills
• Highly effective verbal & written communication skills
• Proactive work ethic combined with use of own initiative top ensure smooth operation of office
• Outstanding telephone manner
• Driver & car owner
• Prior knowledge of CHARMS or similar database
• Precursory experience of working within an Ofsted regulated environment &/or foster agency as well as awareness of Data Protection & Confidentiality procedures
All potential candidates should be aware that they will be subject to a standard DBS in the event that their application is successful.
Please be advised that due to the large volume of applications, you shall only hear from us in the event that you are shortlisted for this role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Travail Employment Group (Barking). The services advertised by Travail Employment Group (Barking) are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.