Tool and Jig Design Engineer, Heavy Manufacturing – South Yorkshire
Circa £33,000 p/a, 33 days holidays, Mon-Fri, 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Tool & Jig Desin Engineer – Manufacturing
- Circa £33k
- 33 days holidays per year
- Monday to Friday
- 8.30am to 5.00pm
- A key position – a chance to make and see a real difference
Our client, a UK wide manufacturer, are keen to recruit a Design Engineer to design improvements and control of tools, jigs and fixtures to support the manufacturing processes and new product introductions. To achieve high levels of operational efficiency, product quality and lowest manufacturing cost.
The Design Engineer will:
- Prepare tool, jig and fixture designs to satisfactorily meet product, machinery and tooling requirement specifications for manufacture and build and support all aspects of the manufacture, repair, design change and overhaul of jig systems and other components.
- Undertake daily involvements to manufacturing, supporting customer and company requirements regarding delivery, quality and efficiency.
- Be pro-actively involved in new product introduction, advising on and designing / implementing of tooling to support lean manufacturing systems including error
The successful candidate will have a strong design engineering as well as:
- A strong background to modern lean manufacturing & continuous improvement.
- Computer literacy including MS Office. 3D Inventor would be essential.
- Being able to interpret engineering specifications to develop modern assembly & test processes by product type with previous experience of jig & tool design.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to successfully introduce change.
- A degree level in a relevant engineering discipline or be able to demonstrate solid hands on experience in engineering, production and assembly techniques and standards.
Travail employment group is operating as an employment agency. Once you click apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant from our team will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear from us within 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you within future relevant opportunities.