CNC Miller - Programmer, Setter, Operator
Role: CNC Miller Programmer / Setter / Operator
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 per annum
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Hours: Basic 39 hours week. Mon–Thurs: 7:30am to 4:30pm, Friday: 7:30am to 12:30pm – 30 min lunch.
Our client is seeking an experienced CNC Miller Programmer / Setter / Operator with experience of working in a mechanical engineering workshop manufacturing environment. Our client is an established engineering company specialising manufacturing steel products for Aerospace, Industrial, Oil & Gas and Power industries.
· Develop CNC programmes and operate milling machines and associated equipment at lowest operating cost consistent with QHS requirements.
· Develop CNC programmes and operate machinery and equipment in line with process method specifications.
· CNC Machine setting, operating and routine maintenance requirements to achieve production schedules within specified times with minimum down time.
· Operate equipment ensuring material is processed to target quality standards ensuring equipment and tooling operating conditions are maintained.
· Ensure tooling, machinery and associated equipment is maintained to highest levels.
· Ensure replacement tooling is ordered in sufficient time to maintain delivery performance.
· Assist in recording of output, machine parameters and efficiency records.
· Train new operators to raise the competence levels of employees to improve efficiencies.
· Document all existing and new methods, programmes and times.
· Assist in rearrangements, new installations and refurbishments.
· Assist in developing new methods, routes and production standards, ensuring engineering, production and quality standards are met.
· Time served apprentice trained mechanical engineer or tool maker with CNC milling Programming, Setting and Operating experience.
· Experience of working in a traditional mechanical engineering workshop working with milling, turning, CNC Machinery (manual and automated) XYZ Siemens Control.
· Ideally experienced of Milling Machines such as or similar to; Bridgeport Series 1 with digital readout, Series 2 and Programmable XYZ Series 3.
· Experience of Quality Inspection using traditional workshop tools.
· Micrometry tools with the ability to calibrate micrometer equipment.
· Working within ISO 9001 QA procedures.
· Ability to read technical drawings, programme, set and operate CNC milling machinery is essential for this position.
Branch Locator:Please select a branch then click the "GO" button on the right.