Generator Service Engineer (After Sales)
Job Title: After Sales Service Engineer - Generators
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000 + Overtime Rates + Pension + 23 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
Equipment: Company laptop, mobile phone and company vehicle for business purposes
Hours: 39 hours per week; Mon – Thu 9:00am – 5:00pm and Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm
Our client is a manufacturer of power generator equipment which specialises in Diesel, Petrol and Gas power generators across most industries. The company is seeking a Service Engineer based in the Midlands who will be able to assist and support the sales team to ensure the efficient pre and after sales duties.
· Must be compliant with diesel generators up to 2MW with various engines and alternator, E.g. Perkins, Doosan, Stamford, Meccalte and Cummins OEM equipment
· Engineering qualifications in a relevant engineering area is a must,16th or 17th Edition will be an asset.
· Experience and good working knowledge of Control system wiring i.e. Deepsea, Comap controllers and paralleling systems.
· An up to date understanding of Health and Safety regulations.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
· Ensure all generator equipments are Pre-Delivery inspected (PDI) in line with PDI plan and manufacturers’ recommendations, carrying out service and maintenance tasks.
· Respond to and diagnose all operational faults as is necessary.
· Ensure all maintenance records are kept in line with company requirements.
· Ensure Service Level Agreements are implemented to the required levels both by internal departments and third party.
· Ability to identify and suggest ideas for system & process improvement.
· Identify and meet the needs of all delegated customers and to offer support, advice and problem solving when required.
· Identify parts for sales and ordering processes.
· Carry out service commissioning when required including installation.
· Ensure that all Health & Safety legislative requirements on site are adhered to and continuously improved; ensure Risk Assessments and Method Statements are in place.
Qualifications and Skills
· Experience in working effectively alongside a team of Sales personnel and customers.
· Ideally you will need to be and diesel generator engineer with strong knowledge of Cummins, Perkins, Doosan, John Deere engines and Stamford, Meccalte Alternators.
· Electrical and Mechanical Engineering qualification.
· Excellent customer facing skills with ability to develop business relationships.
· Excellent time-management whilst flexibly prioritising, planning and monitoring own activity, performance and progress.
· Able to accept multiple objectives and prioritise accordingly.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Adheres to company processes, procedures and accuracy of administration to achieve results for the team.
Branch Locator:Please select a branch then click the "GO" button on the right.